Our Privacy Commitment
At the Windermere North HOA1, your privacy is important to us. We collect and use personal information about you to create and maintain a relationship built on trust and respect. We manage your personal information in accordance with Alberta's Personal Information Protection Act; carefully ensuring your information is used responsibly, and only for the purposes for which you gave it to us.
We want you to understand how and under what circumstances your personal information is collected and used, as well as what we're doing to ensure that your information is used according to good business practices and protected accordingly.
What is personal information?
There are a number of types of personal information that exist about you that we collect depending on the nature of our relationship with you. This information could be collected in person, over the telephone, through the mail, or over the Internet. The information we may collect or obtain includes but may not be limited to:
- Your identity or contact information such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, photograph and so on;
- Your transactions with us such as point of sale, fee encumbrances, service inquiries, information requested or provided to you, program and event participation, or responses to surveys or contests; and
- Your resume, references, date of birth, Social Insurance Number, hours worked, absences, vacation dates, performance assessments, photographs from HOA functions/team events, and so on, when seeking employment or when employed with us.
Why do we collect and use your personal information?
We need basic information about you in order to conduct business and provide and use your personal services to you. We recognize that some of this information is sensitive or private, which is why we collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To create and maintain a responsible relationship with you and provide ongoing service.
We collect information that allows us to accurately and efficiently manage your membership and perform the services that you receive from us. For example, we will collect and use personal information in order to provide access to HOA amenities, programs, and perform services as they relate to our relationship with you.
- To understand your needs and preferences.
In order to ensure the HOA is offering programs and services that keep pace with your expectations we may, from time to time, ask you to participate in surveys that help us to understand what you desire from the HOA to fit your lifestyle. We may also request information like your e-mail address if you are interested in receiving materials electronically.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
We are required to collect and use personal information to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, or our legal and regulatory obligations to others.
- To establish and grow a successful employment relationship with you.
We collect information that allows us to process payroll and benefits, and to facilitate team, leadership, and professional growth opportunities.
When do we share your personal information?
We share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants, and other parties who require such information to assist us with establishing, maintaining, and managing our relationship with you, including third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf, third parties that collaborate with us in the provision of services to you, and third parties whose services we use to perform our services.
Further, your personal information may be disclosed:
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to protect the rights and property of the HOA;
- during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- where the personal information is public; or
- with your consent.
How do we protect your information?
The Windermere North HOA values your right to privacy and works hard to protect your personal information. We maintain physical, procedural, and electronic controls appropriate to the sensitivity of your information, to protect it against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification, or destruction. These safeguards include secure office premises for authorized employees only, secure networks, and secure databases. All safeguards are tested and updated on a regular basis. The HOA protects your information when disclosed to third parties by ensuring that such parties have policies in place to protect the confidentiality of the information.
We consistently maintain reasonable and systematic controls, schedules, and practices for information and records retention, and the destruction of personal information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes, or required by law to be retained. When documents containing such information are destroyed, erased, or made anonymous, we ensure that any personal information contained in the documents is protected.
What choices do you have?
At the Windermere North HOA, we believe the integrity of our relationships is founded on choice. We are working hard to ensure we have and maintain your confidence and consent to collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have a choice and can refuse or withdraw your consent at any time as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our communication lists which we use to inform you of community and HOA updates, new or relevant programs and services that may be of benefit to you.
- You may refuse to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to applicable legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, in either case, this may severely limit our ability to provide services and access to HOA amenities to you.
- You may also ask us about your personal information and notify us of any corrections that may be necessary.
We need your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information. If you have any questions about our privacy practices, or if you wish to have your name removed from our communication lists or withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information, please call us at 780-668-8400 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Widnermere North Homeowners Association Privacy Commitment and the practices and principles described in this document are subject to the provisions of all applicable legislation and regulations.
1. In the Commitment, the words "we", "us", "our", "HOA" or "Mahogany HOA" refer separately and individually to Mahogany Homeowners Association and the companies for which they retain under management contract, as they may exist from time to time.